Washi Dress & Expansion Pack
This sweet and flattering tunic or dress features a cut-out scoop neckline, an above-the-knee hemline, pockets, and shirring in the back for an easy, comfortable fit. Also includes expansion pack with an assortment of additional variations.
This pattern is suited for early maternity and post-partum – trimesters 1, 2, & 4.
The designer has nursing access tutorial on her website but it is not included in the pattern.
The Washi dress is a sweet and flattering dress that features a cut-out scoop neckline, an above-the-knee hemline, pockets, and shirring in the back for an easy, comfortable fit. No zippers or closures are needed, making it a wonderful project for the intermediate sewist! The pattern can be made without sleeves, with a basic scoop neckline, as a tunic, or with a longer skirt to achieve a large number of different looks. You’ll be thrilled with all of the variations you can create with this fantastic pattern!
This 36-page sewing pattern eBook (PDF) includes:
- six women’s sizes from XS to XXL.
- thorough step-by-step instructions with diagrams, full-color photographs, and plenty of tips and hints.
- a one-page basic primer on shirring with elastic thread.
- a special Washi Fit Guide to assess fit and assist with basic pattern adjustments.
- a printable instruction summary sheet.
- full-sized pattern pieces (including seam allowances) in both print-at-home and copy shop formats.
The expansion pack also includes and additional 3 views with a variety of options:
- View A: Large bow at neck, bias-bound armhole, elastic casing in the back, pleated front skirt
- View B: Small bow at neck, gathered sleeve, shirring or elastic casing at cuff, shirring in the back, gathered front skirt
- View C: Curved or pointed Peter Pan collar, pointed cap sleeve or sleeveless armhole, bodice lining with back elastic casing, pleated front skirt
Light to medium weight cottons or cotton blends (e.g. shirting, voile, double gauze, quilting cototn, poplin, or cotton/linen blends)
1 1/4 yard 1.25″ wide bias tape (pre-packaged single-fold or cut your own)
Expansion View A and C: 1/2 yard 1″ or 1.25″ wide elastic
Expansion View B: 2/3 yard 1/4″ wide elastic for sleeves (optional)
This listing is for the Washi Dress and the Washi Dress Expansion Pack bundled together. If you do not want the expansion pack, the Washi Dress is available on its own here.
Rae has a tutorial on her blog for inserting a zipper into the Washi Dress to make it nursing friendly.
Click on the “Additional Information” tab for sizing, pattern details, and more.