Infinity dresses are named for the infinite ways they can be worn, thanks to the innumerable ways you can wrap the straps to make the bodice uniquely yours. Our Infinity Dress Sewing Pattern is a deluxe version featuring:
- a pleated front to accommodate A-F cups
- shaped straps to minimize bulk when wrapping
- a waistband that provides stability and waist definition
- an optional separate bandeau top (available in regular and maternity) to be worn under the dress for more skin coverage
- many marked hem lengths to make it easy to make a knee length, midi, or maxi dress no matter your height
The waistband has elastic in the back which is hidden with a lining so that the dress is comfortable and the elastic won’t rub your skin. The half circle skirt makes this maternity friendly and the flexibility of the straps makes it nursing friendly. A huge plus of this pattern is that it works no matter what stage of life you’re in – it’s suitable when you’re pregnant, nursing, postpartum or none of the above! And the best part is that you can keep wearing the same dress through all of these stages. When going from maternity to postpartum all you have to do is change out the bandeau top. For nursing, you can choose a way to wrap the straps in such a way that it provides you with the easiest access.