The awesome thing about an Infinity Dress is that you can wrap it in an infinite number of ways to get exactly the style and attitude you’re going for. Here, we show you six of the easiest ways to wrap an infinity dress. For any of these approaches you can further customize the wrap by tying the straps in front or back and by being creative with how you style the back.
Our infinity dress sewing pattern has instructions for a deluxe version that works for either pregnant or not pregnant bodies! It also includes an optional bandeau that you can wear (or not) with any of these styles for increased skin coverage.
1. Basic Straps. The simplest way to wrap your infinity dress is simply to bring the straps straight up over your shoulders. Gather them a little bit at the neck for a shapely front.
2. Twisted Straps. If you want a skinnier strap with a bit of extra pizzaz, twist the straps. Start twisting lower to reveal more décolletage.
3. Straight Straps. If you don’t gather the straps at the shoulder but instead let them come straight up you get a boxier, cap sleeve-like front.
4. Short Sleeves. Spreading the strap out as wide as it will go allows you upper arm coverage that mimics short sleeves or a little capelet.
5. Cap Sleeves. If you put a single twist in each strap at underarm height you make little cap sleeves that rest on your shoulders.
6. One Shoulder. Bringing both straps over a single shoulder gives an interesting asymmetrical look.